Antivirus and Security Software
Turbo applications are compatible with all major antivirus and security software vendors. However, there are many configurations of these which can cause errors, hangs, or false positives in Turbo applications. If encountering issues, a good first step is to disable any security software to rule it out as a possible cause. If disabling the security software fixes the issue, further analysis is required to determine if there is indeed a security compromise or if it is an incompatability with your application.
Add Turbo Folders To Whitelist
Whitelist the following Turbo folders in your security software to avoid issues caused by security hooks and false positive detections:
- Turbo Client folder for current user: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Turbo
- Turbo Client folder for all users: C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbo
- Turbo Client repository folder for all users: C:\ProgramData\Turbo
- Turbo Client folder alias for current user: C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Spoon (if it exists)
- Turbo Client folder alias for all users: C:\Program Files (x86)\Spoon (if it exists)
Sophos Endpoint Protection
In some configurations, Sophos Endpoint Protection application hooks can cause hangs in Turbo applications. If this is the case, exclusions can be added to prevent Sophos from inserting itself into the application.
Add the Turbo Folders from the section above to the Global Exclusions. For more information on adding Global Exclusions, please see docs.sophos.com.
Configure an Exploit Mitigation Exclusion to prevent Sophos from affecting the container environment. For more information on configuring Exploit Mitigation Exclusions, please see docs.sophos.com.